It's BACK-TO-SCHOOL season again!
This is my first part of the back-to-school posts and I hope you'll like it!
There's always something exciting about the beginning of the school year. Maybe you're attending to the new school, perhaps you have some new class mates or teachers... There are new possibilities and challenges waiting for you this year. And you need to be prepared as well as you can!
But after all school can be exhausting too. Personally I need something that will pick-me-up in those moments... So here's what I like to make!
CHICKPEA BLONDIES OR BROWNIES
(You can't even taste the chickpea in this recipe and I swear, it's amazing!)
-180g can of chickpeas (mashed/blended)
-1 large banana (mashed)
-1 cup of fine ground oats
-1 cup of coconut flour
-splash of milk
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-(3 tablespoons of good quality cocoa powder - for brownies)
-cashew nuts / almonds,
-dried or fresh fruit,
-dark chocolate chips...
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Mix blended chickpeas, mashed banana, coconut flour, fine ground oats, salt and (cocoa) in a mixing bowl. (Or blend everything up in a blender).
2. Add milk to get the creamy consistency.
3. You have the "base" now. You can mix in the chocolate chips/fruit/nuts etc. at this step. Be creative!
4. Put the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper. Put into an oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
5. Serve warm with some greek yogurt (my favorite option!). Cut the rest into some bars and take them to school with you!
Now you have the perfectly balanced snack which will give you energy when you need it the most! It's healthy and delicious too! You must try this recipe!
I'll be back soon with some new posts (fashion-oriented ones are coming up :))!